Capital Pilot exists to navigate capital to ideas and ideas to capital so both grow faster and everyone can benefit from more success. Our platform harnesses knowledge and talent, connecting the whole early-stage funding system through radical transparency to create an environment that’s positive, open-minded and works for all.
We operate Launchpad, the all-digital fundraising accelerator that helps startups connect with investors, manage their investor outreach, understand the funding marketplace and directly connect with Launchpad angels. In addition, we whitelabel our platform for accelerators/incubators, industry groups and government-funded organisations, and we distribute our platform to regional and sector experts, to enhance fundraising success for the startups they work with.
Our core values are openness and purpose, both with our team as well as our users. We aim to hire smart people and get out of their way.
Capital Pilot is recruiting for two Success Managers which are early key hires for us. We envisage one hire will be startup and one investor facing. This is a great opportunity if you are interested in the world of startups, angel investing and venture capital and want to help the early-stage tech funding market work more efficiently. You will be on the frontline, working directly with the many interesting startups/investors who join the platform (over 750 so far), ensuring they move efficiently through our process and that things don’t slip through the cracks. In addition, you will be collecting user feedback and informing the future iterations of the platform. You will report directly to one of the founders who leads the operations and product.
Some of your initial Key Responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring each client has the best possible experience using Capital Pilot
- Answering prospects’ questions about how the Capital Pilot process works
- Troubleshooting any issues they have with registering and creating their profile
- Handling feature requests, helpdesk and Intercom chat
- Managing data for investment committee reviews and investor matching
- Helping to build community around the platform
- Onboarding and gathering investor criteria
Some things we have in mind About You and your background:
- Organised, energetic and self-confident
- Wanting to scale up with the role – we anticipate hiring a client success team over the course of the next year or two so you may be called upon to help recruit, then lead these future employees
- You are frustrated by inefficiency, and always on the lookout for technology that can improve our process and the success of the users
- Not afraid to manage the founders/team when they fall behind on work to deliver to the users (you will need to be the voice of the user, ensuring the rest of the team is always focused on them at our core)
- Familiar with Intercom, Pipedrive and Zapier
Salary range: £27.5k plus equity options (1%)
Start date: On or around 1 May
Apply by sending an email (with only the job title in the subject line) with a CV and why you want to work at Capital Pilot to email@example.com
Location: Our office is currently in Hackney on Mare St close to both the Hackney Central and London Fields Overground, and a 15 minute walk to Bethnal Green on the Central Line.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Room for growth: You will be the first hires for this particular role and will be critical in helping us establish and improve this part of the business. In addition, we are aiming to grow the team significantly over the next year or two, so there will be lots of opportunity to grow with Capital Pilot.
- Flexibility: We are not overly concerned with when and where you do your work (or for how long for that matter). Not to say we don’t take our work seriously because we absolutely do. But what matters most is results and growth.
- Holiday: Our current policy is take as much time for holiday as you need.
- Culture: Help us build the company you want to work for. Your input and vision will be vital to us creating a successful company, and to our ability to recruit excellent people.