Capital Pilot exists to navigate capital to ideas and ideas to capital so both grow faster and everyone can benefit from more success. Our platform harnesses knowledge and talent, connecting the whole early-stage funding system through radical transparency to create an environment that’s positive, open-minded and works for all. Our aim is to change the way startups raise capital and grow their business.
We operate Launchpad, the all-digital fundraising accelerator that helps startups connect with investors, manage their investor outreach, understand the funding marketplace and directly connect with Launchpad angels. In addition, we whitelabel our platform for accelerators/incubators, industry groups and government-funded organisations, and we distribute our platform to regional and sector experts, to enhance fundraising success for the startups they work with.
Our core values are openness and purpose, both with our team as well as our users. We aim to hire smart people and get out of their way.
We are angel-backed, having completed a pre-seed and subsequent bridge round totalling £150k this year, with our £500k seed round due to complete in May.
You would be an early technical hire to join a small but growing team, reporting to and working directly with the CTO. This is an early stage startup environment, with an emerging model and product that you will be instrumental in helping us shape. We are looking for someone with a passion for startups and technology. You want to help us move fundraising into the future, creating a system that works better for founders and investors alike.
Some of the Key Responsibilities are likely to include:
- Detailed software design, programming code with unit tests to implement the design.
- Analysis of business, engineering, and scientific problems, and the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, and programmes in the delivery of practical systems solutions.
- Involved in Full Stack development of projects from beginning to end.
- Working with peers through the full software development and project life cycle.
Some things we have in mind About You and your background:
- Min 3+ years’ experience in software development in .NET.
- Solid experience developing with C#, ASP.NET MVC and Web API.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS.
- Excellent knowledge of OOP and OO Design Techniques.
- Experience with Entity Framework Code First and SQL Server.
- Experience of all elements of a full technology stack.
- Experience using TFS with Git for version control, CI and build processes.
- Experience in software development methodologies such as Kanban or SCRUM.
- Experience in Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Practical knowledge of SOLID Principles and Software design patterns.
- Ability to work in a startup environment and passionate about entrepreneurship.
- Focused on delivery, with a passion for quality and innovation.
- Ongoing contributor and passion for learning and adopting cutting edge technology.
- A highly motivated self-starter with a flexible and adaptable, with a “can do” approach to solving complex problems.
Some Bonus Points but not necessary:
- Experience in one of the front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Knockout etc).
- Experience in Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD).
- Experience in ASP.NET Core.
- Knowledge/experience in Machine Learning.
Salary range: £35k – £45k plus equity options (1-2%)
Start date: May/June
Apply by sending an email (with only the job title in the subject line) with a CV and why you want to work at Capital Pilot to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Flexibility: We are not overly concerned with when and where you do your work (or for how long for that matter). What matters most is results and growth.
- Holiday: Our current policy is take as much time for holiday as you need.
- Room for growth: You would be one of the first hires and we are aiming to grow the team significantly over the next year or two, so there will be lots of opportunity to grow with us.
- Culture: Help us build the company you want to work for. Your input and vision will be vital to us creating a successful company, and to our ability to recruit excellent people in the future.