Capital Pilot exists to navigate capital to ideas and ideas to capital so both grow faster and everyone can benefit from more success. Our platform harnesses knowledge and talent, connecting the whole early-stage funding system through radical transparency to create an environment that’s positive, open-minded and works for all.
We operate Launchpad, the all-digital fundraising accelerator that helps startups connect with investors, manage their investor outreach, understand the funding marketplace and directly connect with Launchpad angels. In addition, we whitelabel our platform for accelerators/incubators, industry groups and government-funded organisations to enhance fundraising success for the startups they work with.
Our core values are openness and purpose, both with our team as well as our users. We aim to hire smart people and get out of their way.
We are angel-backed, having completed a pre-seed and subsequent bridge round totalling £150k this year, with our £500k seed round due to complete in late-May.
You would be the first person to fill this role, and so these responsibilities are for you to design with us. The opportunity is for you to build content, tools and resources to help our users (both startup founders and investors) to better navigate the fundraising process.
Some of the Key Responsibilities are likely to include:
- Helping keep our branding and messaging consistent across the website, platform and marketing materials
- Assist in developing and refining messaging for new product launch
- Joining in conversations in external channels to bring in new community members that can add value as investors or service providers, freelancers, mentors or advisors, as well as spreading the word about Capital Pilot
- Constructing and optimising regular email marketing and ensuring it is effective (Mailchimp)
- Writing content for our resource page such as templates and playbooks
- Doing interviews and/or blog posts highlighting community activities
- Helping maintain and build digital properties such as website and social media
Some things we have in mind About You and your background:
- Fearless, proactive, resilient, you excel in uncertainty
- Experience researching and writing great content
- Willing to make mistakes, learn from them, and move on to the next thing
- Background in/around startups and member of UK tech community (either online or physical)
- Take charge when needed, don’t wait to be asked, make things happen, speak your mind
- Since we are a small team in early days, you are willing and able to do a bit of everything
Some Bonus Points but not necessary:
- Familiar with WordPress, Slack, Intercom, Confluence, Google for Work, Pipedrive and Mailchimp
- Good eye for design
Salary range: £30k – £35k plus equity options (1%)
Apply by sending an email (with only the job title in the subject line) with a CV and why you want to work at Capital Pilot to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Our office is currently in Hackney on Mare St close to both the Hackney Central and London Fields Overground, and a 15 minute walk to Bethnal Green on the Central Line.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Room for growth: You would be one of the first hires and we are aiming to grow the team significantly over the next year or two, so there will be lots of opportunity to grow with us.
- Flexibility: We are not overly concerned with when and where you do your work (or for how long for that matter). Not to say we don’t take our work seriously because we absolutely do. But what matters most is results and growth.
- Holiday: Our current policy is take as much time for holiday as you need.
- Culture: Help us build the company you want to work for. Your input and vision will be vital to us creating a successful company, and to our ability to recruit excellent people. Flexibility: We are not overly concerned with when and where you do your work (or for how long for that matter). What matters most is results and growth.