Capital Pilot exists to navigate capital to ideas and ideas to capital so both grow faster and everyone can benefit from more success. Our platform harnesses knowledge and talent, connecting the whole early-stage funding system through radical transparency to create an environment that’s positive, open-minded and works for all.
We operate Launchpad, the all-digital fundraising accelerator that helps startups connect with investors, manage their investor outreach, understand the funding marketplace and directly connect with Launchpad angels. In addition, we whitelabel our platform for accelerators/incubators, industry groups and government-funded organisations to enhance fundraising success for the startups they work with.
Our core values are openness and purpose, both with our team as well as our users. We aim to hire smart people and get out of their way.
We are angel backed, having completed a pre-seed and subsequent bridge round totalling £150k this year, with an aim to complete a raise of £500k over the next few months. Having someone in this role will serve as a critical component of the team investors will choose to back.
You would be the first person to fill this role, and so these responsibilities are for you to build on. The opportunity is for you to help us build our community. We have around 350 founders/entrepreneurs, 150 investors/angels, and 50 freelancers, experts, and coaches in our network but we can do a much better job of connecting them with one another, and ensuring each of them receives value through the Capital Pilot/Launchpad platforms. We want to build an active and supportive community which will improve fundraising and growth outcomes, and reduce the information gap between investors and startups.
Some of the Key Responsibilities are likely to include:
- Envisioning new ways to improve connectivity and interactions online through existing tools/features available on Capital Pilot, as well as other tools/resources we could implement to achieve these goals
- Improving the onboarding experience and targeted messaging (Intercom)
- Joining in conversations in external channels to bring in new community members that can add value as either investors or service providers, freelancers, mentors or advisors, as well as spreading the word of Capital Pilot
- Constructing and optimising regular email marketing and ensuring it is effective (Mailchimp)
- Doing interviews and/or blog posts highlighting the community
- Helping focus on value-add activities, and tossing out the stuff that isn’t worthwhile
- Help maintain digital properties such as website and social media
- As we grow we will add to this team so you will likely be tasked with recruiting and managing a team over the next year or two
Some things we have in mind About You and your background:
- Fearless, proactive, resilient, excel in uncertainty
- Willing to make mistakes, learn from them, and move on to the next thing
- Background in/around startups and member of UK tech community (either online or physical)
- Comfortable using new software/tools to improve efficiency and reduce unnecessary admin
- Take charge when needed, don’t wait to be asked, make things happen, speak your mind
- Since we are a small team in early days, you are willing and able to do a bit of everything
Some Bonus Points but not necessary:
- Familiar with WordPress, Slack, Intercom, Confluence, Google for Work, Pipedrive and Mailchimp, or think some of those tools are rubbish and have better solutions you would implement
- Like automating tasks and finding novel ways to enhance efficiencies to improve outcomes for the community, and allocate your time more effectively
- Good eye for design
Salary range: £30k - £40k plus equity options (1 - 3%)
Start date: On or around March 1st
Apply by sending an email (with only the job title in the subject line) with a CV and why you want to work at Capital Pilot to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Flexibility: We are not overly concerned with when and where you do your work (or for how long for that matter). What matters most is results and growth.
- Holiday: Our current policy is take as much time for holiday as you need.
- Room for growth: You would be one of the first hires and we are aiming to grow the team significantly over the next year or two, so there will be lots of opportunity to grow with us.
- Culture: Help us build the company you want to work for. You will be among the first employees, and we hope to grow over the next couple of years. Your input and vision will be vital to us creating a successful company and our ability to recruit excellent people.